Blindcrake Village Hall
Blindcrake Village Hall was converted from a row of cottages in the late 19th century by the Vicar of Isel, Reverend William Hutchinson Sharpe. It was vested in the Church of England Diocese for the use of the community in 1897.
A Lease and Trust Deed was agreed in 1988 and the Management Committee became a registered charity in September 1993. We converted to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) on 20th January 2017 and secured a new fifty year lease in June 2018.
The Charity Trustees form the Village Hall Management Committee. Our CIO constitution allows for up to six elected Trustees, up to nine appointed from user groups, and up to three co-opted by the Charity Trustees. Trustees are elected by parish residents at our Annual General Meeting each May and new elected Trustees will always be welcome. Any user groups or organisations operating in the Parish who wish to nominate a Trustee to the Committee should contact the Chairman.
We currently have six Trustees:
- Neil Pilling (Chair)
- Ros Berry (Treasurer)
- Cathy Keough (Secretary)
- Rachel McConkey (Hall Booking Secretary)
- Graeme Forrester
- Helen Marrs
We have had a major refurbishment to our Hall over the past year, with a new acoustic ceiling in the main hall, insulation, damp proofing, new lighting, complete rewire and fire alarm system, and a refitted kitchen. We’ll be getting new double-glazed windows later this year.
We’re grateful to the National Lottery Community Fund, Action with Communities in Rural England (ACRE), Cumbria Community Foundation, Blindcrake Parish Council, and Blindcrake Parish Charity for generous help with funding, and especially to Action with Communities in Cumbria (ACT) for help with funding applications. Thanks also to our architects, Day Cummins, and all our volunteers.